Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy and Upbeat .... WTF?

90% of This Game is Half Mental - Yogi Berra

Last week started in an absolutely abysmal way.

Upon reflection, I decided to regroup and figure out how to move forward. I have often been told that my two greatest assets are my insatiable curiosity and my tenacity toward achieving objectives. Giving up is NOT part of my make up.

So on about Wednesday night or Thursday morning, I realized that the New Year wasn't going to be all that it could be, if I wasn't going to participate actively in making it better.

Oh yes, this year is GOING to be one of the best ever !

Starting with a focus on a positive attitude, followed by eating well and exercising, this year will be yet ANOTHER* break through year for me and those that I love.

Some other "notes to self" involve maintaining high energy, laughing a lot and reading in my spare time. There are several books that I wish to read and one that I wish to re-read.

The Path (Tao Te Ching, by Lao-tzu) is one of my favorite reads, beautiful and inspirational, it is one of the books that I ordered from Borders with my gift card - Thanks G Rae!

Another thing that I must do, is to rejuvenate my music library. It is too small and narrow and I want to add so many new songs AND a boat load of old favorites.

I know that this all may seem hum-drum to anyone reading this blog, but it is ALL important to me and I know that it is also a healthy approach to the new year.

Peace and Love to All !

*(there have been several before this, but not all 46 that I have been alive to enjoy, some noteworthy ones were 1968, 1970, 1971, 1982, 1998, 1999 and 2002)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage NICE, HUMOROUS or INSIGHTFUL comments !